Welcome to No Car Go!
Hello, and welcome to No Car Go, a new blog where being car-free is the name of the game.
In this blog, I’ll explore what it means to be car-free in the 21st century. Heck, if the mood strikes, I might even explore what it was, or will be, like to be car-free in some other century.
When you come to No Car Go, here’s what you can reasonably expect to find me doing:
- Celebrating the many and varied benefits of a car-free life
- Lamenting the many and varied limitations of a car-free life
- Building community around a car-free culture
- Giving tips on how to live and move car-freely
- Sharing meanderings on the car-free experience
I hope you’ll come to No Car Go often for information, inspiration, and a laugh now and then. I also hope you’ll pitch in your own helpful information, inspiring remarks, and hilarious experiences in the comments section of each post.
I’ll conclude this momentous inaugural post with some of my favorite car-free lyrics:
I ride my bike, I roller skate, don’t drive no car.
Don’t go too fast, but I go pretty far.
For somebody who don’t drive, I’ve been all around the world.
Some people say I’ve done all right for a girl.
– from “Brand New Key” by Melanie