I need an apple cap and some knickers.
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
Published four times a year by Carfree.com, the Times is a handy round-up of both car-free info and general eco-news. In addition to a brief update on the writer’s car-free life, this issue contains:
- Car-free book reviews,
- A report on the recent Towards Carfree Cities Conference,
- International environmental updates,
- Photos of beautiful pedestrian-friendly cafés around the world,
- Helpful alternative transportation links, and
- The welcome (if somewhat old) news that GM is ditching its Hummer brand!
Also in this issue, Crawford shares with readers the source of his car-free resolve. His parents were in a car accident that left his mother on a ventilator for the final three and a half years of her life. Before their recent deaths, both of his parents endured much suffering, a majority of which Crawford attributes to the car accident.
“Kicking the cars out of our cities is essential to improving our way of life,” he writes.
Subscribe to the Carfree Times, and look for the next issue in September.