He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Car-free Brother
The car-free life can weigh on you:
Walking in heavy rain. Biking in heavy traffic. Waiting at bus stops in heavy heat. Squeezing into train seats next to heavy people.
With all the heaviness, we need some lightness too.
I’ve compiled a smattering of car-free-themed humor pieces to lighten the load of going about life without a car:
- Bike hero cartoon in Carbusters
- “Green Energy Giggles” article from “Building an Energy Future” blog
- “God Bless My SUV” by the Capitol Steps
- Car-free editorial in Grist
- “Green as a Thistle” blog
- No Pants Subway Ride from Improv Everywhere
- “Caution: Tripping Hazard” sign
Hope your car-free life feels a little bit lighter now. I know mine does.
My personal fav is the No Pants Subway Ride by Improv Everywhere—and they have a Star Wars Subway Car too!
Do you have a favorite car-free humor piece to share?