What parking is like in my world
April 19, 2012
When I ride my bike to the office, here’s what my parking experience is like:
- I coast down the parking garage ramp, in a bike lane separated from the cars by permanent cones.
- I swipe my ID card, and a door automatically swings open for my bike and me to walk through.
- I pedal around one parking garage curve over to a chain-link cage filled with bike racks.
- I unlock the cage padlock and wheel my bike inside.
- I use my U-lock to secure my bike and helmet to one of the bike racks.
- I sling my pannier over my shoulder, close the cage gate, and re-lock the padlock.
- I exit the parking garage and cross the street to my office.
What’s parking like in your world?