A crappy morning, literally.
I hate to write about dog poop again, but our dog has diarrhea. Four times last night, he nosed the sheets to get us to let him outside. With a good amount of lost sleep, the morning didn’t start out well. And then:
- I was too tired to get up when the alarm went off, so I skipped my workout.
- The tights that matched the skirt I put on were in the laundry. (I pulled them out and put them on—desperate times.)
- I tried to squeeze one too many tasks into my morning multi-tasking and burned my oatmeal to the pot.
- My favorite cream-top whole milk had gone sour, so I had to use Tom’s Lactaid in my coffee.
I resigned to the fact that it was going to be a crappy morning, but then:
- I made it out of the house in time to catch the early bus, which I always shoot for but rarely make.
- On the long ride on the “0” bus, I got pleasantly lost in the book I’m reading (Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides).
- While transferring to the Mall Shuttle, I heard the ding that means the doors are closing and began running, and the driver held the doors for me!
The Mall Shuttle drivers never hold the doors.